Knowledgeable Guidance. Efficient Family Law Solutions.

  1. Home
  2.  → 
  3. Family Law
  4.  → Child-Related Advocacy

Standing Up For Texas Children’s Rights For Over A Decade

There is nothing more important in life than your children. In a conservatorship, or child custody dispute, it is crucial that you have a dedicated family law attorney who can advocate tenaciously for their best interests.

At Law Office of Amber M. Rodriguez, PLLC, you will find an approachable and straightforward attorney to protect you and your children’s rights. For more than 10 years, Amber Rodriguez has served the people of South Texas with all manner of family law issues that affect children, including:

  • Conservatorship
  • Child support
  • Parenting time schedules
  • Enforcement of orders
  • Adoption
  • Grandparents’ rights
  • Domestic violence and child abuse
  • Modification of orders

As a certified family law mediator, Amber helps parents resolve custody and child support issues without having to use litigation. If necessary, though, she is prepared to take highly contested cases to trial in courts throughout the state.

Conservatorship In Texas: What To Know

Texas recognizes two types of conservatorships:

Sole managing conservatorships: One parent has the right to make certain critical decisions about the child’s life. It is reserved for circumstances involving domestic abuse, addiction or other impairments preventing the other parent from making these decisions.
Joint managing conservatorships: Both parents generally share the rights to make certain decisions over important aspects of their child’s life.
Texas courts have the mandate to name parents joint managing conservators whenever possible. Granted, there are some situations in which a joint managing conservatorship does not suit the best interests of the child. In these cases, judges weigh a variety of factors before issuing a possession order.

Discuss Yours And Your Child’s Rights With A Lawyer

For the honest, helpful and kind service you need to uphold your child’s rights and your rights as a parent, please contact Law Office of Amber M. Rodriguez, PLLC. You can set up an initial consultation with Amber by calling her Harlingen office at 956-291-7103 or by using her online contact form.